Success from the Waist Up
This timely course teaches you how to make a positive first and lasting impression on Zoom.
We will present the best practices using virtual presentation tools along with how to present yourself using Conselle’s proven image management strategies. Don’t just learn how to use the online tools, but learn how to present the best version of yourself.
This course is a collaboration between two seasoned experts in their fields. Jeff Olsen has pioneered many innovative approaches to online teaching and presentation with over twenty years experience. Recently he received the “Online Pioneer of the Year” award from NAMI of Utah for innovating online approaches to delivering curriculum to caregivers of people with mental health disorders.
An international authority on image management and self-branding, Judith Rasband draws on decades of experience as university faculty, author, columnist, stylist, trainer, consultant, and coach to private individuals, civic, corporate, government, and academic organizations and associations throughout the U.S., Canada, India, China, and Mexico.
- Organizing the Virtual Event—At the end of this section, you will be able to:
- Identify typical challenges to presenting online
- Outline Why, What, When, and Who
- Carry out security needs
- Write invitations and follow-up
- Setting the Stage—At the end of this section, you will be able to:
- Prepare participants for the event
- Choose the best location and background
- Select the optimal camera, lighting, and sound system
- Creating the Content—At the end of this section, you will be able to:
- Present a professional opening
- Develop the content structure efficiently
- Deliver an engaging call to action
- Demonstrate a masterful selection of slides
- Engage participants in activities for lively, engaging events
- Delivering a Dynamic Virtual Image—At the end of this section, you will be able to:
- Identify credible dress as participant or presenter
- Select enhancing colors, fabric, patterns and accessories
- Create a clothing fit checklist
- Use successful grooming techniques
- Maintain your image with effective body language
- Eliminate possible distractions
- Conducting the Event—At the end of this section, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate outstanding speaking ability
- Manage stress when online
- Avoid Zoom fatigue
The related reference book, Success From the Waist Up: Virtual Meeting and Presentation Handbook is available for purchase, singly or at group discount.