Meet International Image Expert
An international authority on image consulting and management, Judith draws on decades of experience as a presenter, consultant, and coach to private individuals, civic, corporate, government, and academic organizations and associations throughout the U.S. and Canada. She takes her work seriously, addressing the sensitive, often emotional, issues of personal appearance, attitude, and etiquette. She is known to present more than 250 seminars in a single year.
Certified Image Master (CIM)
Founder and CEO of the Institute of Image Management, Judith is a Certified Image Master (CIM) in the Association of Image Consultants International, one of the first awarded the achievement and one of only twenty in the world.
Judith earned a master’s degree specializing in the physical, psychological, social, and aesthetic aspects of dress and image. With a passion for the work, this dynamic image consulting professional has decades of experience in the field as fashion and image educator, author, columnist, speaker, consultant, stylist, consumer advocate, and video producer.
I didn’t set out to become an image consultant.
The home arts were important to me
The home arts were important to me
During those years I began to specialize in the psycho-social aspects of dress and image.
People have asked me, “Judith, why didn’t you leverage being on Oprah?
The image industry was born and I pioneered image education for consumers, customers, clients.
Have rack will travel
The Cluster Concept works
My first published book
★★★★ BlockBuster Video
Image Consulting Corporate Clients
Judith has worked with a wide variety of corporate and association clients, using image as a branding tool. They include: Texaco, IBM, State Farm, Marriott Corporation, Century 21, AT&T, Bonneville Communications, Beneficial Financial, Procter & Gamble, the Dietetics Association, The Canadian Needlecraft Association, Madeleine Direct, Juvenile Courts of Utah, Talbots, Holy Cross Hospital, First Security Bank, Burda, Bernina of America, Arthur Andersen, U.S. Department of Education, and countless others.
Image Consulting Achievements, Awards, and Affiliations
- Taught visual design in dress at the University of Utah and later at Brigham Young University for 12 years.
- A member of the Association of Image Consultants International, Judith was awarded AICI’s Certified Image Master (CIM) status in 2000, one of the first to achieve this highest level of professionalism.
- Judith was honored with the prestigious “IMMIE”, AICI’s Image Makers Merit of Industry Excellence award in the area of Education, identifying her as one of the top image professionals internationally.
- Judith served on AICI’s International Board as VP Marketing, Advanced Education Chair, and Ethics Chair.
- Past President of the Mountain West Chapter of AICI.
- Fashion Education Director for the Tailored Apparel, Jewelry, and Accessories Council.
- Fashion Education Director for the Men’s Apparel Alliance.
- Member of the International Textiles & Apparel Association.
- Member of the American Association of Family & Consumer Science, Certified.
- Member of the Association of Design Professionals.
- Member of the National Speakers Association, Mountain West Chapter.
- Member of the International Society of Performance Improvement.
Publications & Appearances
Image Consulting Sponsored Seminars
Judith is a fun, energetic, and vivacious seminar presenter and an excellent example of a successful entrepreneur. “We have a lot of serious fun!” An entertaining and inspiring speaker, she brings humor and perspective to everyday image and wardrobe challenges. As an image management professional, she is an agent of change with practical and immediately applicable techniques and strategies for taking charge of appearance. Seminar participants appreciate her authentic concern for others. Her ability to zero in on the immediate needs of individuals results in outstanding levels of personal development and goal achievement. Judith makes a positive difference.
Image Consulting Publications and Appearances
Eager to reach more people with accurate image information, Judith is the author of text and trade books that include the Image Management Quick Reference Guide, Wardrobe Strategies, Fabulous Fit 2nd Edition, the industry bible Fitting and Pattern Alteration 3rd Edition, as well as the award winning classic videos LookChangers and Five Easy Pieces®. All are used in schools and universities and at Fashion Institute of Technology.
Her articles and quotes have appeared in USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur, Men’s Health, Glamour, Shape, European Stars & Stripes, Threads, Woman’s Day, Family Circle, and Image Update as well as newspapers nationwide, landing her on television and radio shows such as Oprah, Today, Good Morning America, ABC News, and the BBC, as well as scores of regional news and talk shows.